Please upgrade your browser.
2019 MRT Helena 10/04/2019
- $375.00 - Early Registration until 8/5/19
- $425.00 - Standard Registration after 8/6/19
When: October 4 - 6, 2019
Time: Fri: 5:30-9p, Sat: 9-5p, Sun: 9-3p
Where: The Lotus Helena 40 N Last Chance Gulch Helena, MT 59601
Cost: Early Reg $375 (until 8/5) Standard Registration $425
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO ACTIVE DUTY AND VETERANS. APPLY HERE.
Mindful Resilience is what we call the collection of mind-body practices that we teach: Breathing, Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Rest, and Gratitude. These tools help us breathe easy, focus clearly, move freely, rest deeply, and remember what is working in our lives. As a result we become more resilient in the face of both ordinary and extraordinary challenges. Veterans Yoga Project is teaming up with The Lotus to offer an extraordinary opportunity for intensive training in a proven, mindful approach to teaching yoga to veterans and others who are struggling with posttraumatic stress and other trauma-related psychological difficulties.
Mindful Resilience for Recovery and Resilience is an evidence-informed, clinically-tested yoga program that was developed specifically for veterans recovering from posttraumatic stress and other psychological difficulties. It is an evidence-informed, in that practices have been chosen and adapted based on clinical and neuro-scientific knowledge about posttraumatic stress and its treatment. It is clinically-tested, in that it was developed based on feedback from hundreds of veterans and active-duty service members receiving treatment at residential and outpatient treatment programs. Mindful Resilience has been successfully integrated into mental health and addiction treatment programs for veterans and active-duty military across the US and Canada.
In the Level One teacher training, you will explore:
- The development, course, and consequences of trauma-related disorders
- The psychotherapeutic treatment of trauma-related disorders and how yoga fits into an integrative treatment approach
- Special considerations and cautions when providing yoga therapy to veterans and other trauma-affected individual
- Specific practices, guiding principles, and resources found to be helpful for veterans coping with trauma, including a detailed treatment manual with an empirically-informed, clinically-tested 12-week protocol, and access to a downloadable electronic copy (pdf) of the Mindful Resilience Yoga for Veterans Recovering from Trauma practice guide.
This Veterans Yoga Project training consists of a balance of practice and lecture/discussion. At the end of the training, participants will understand the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related disorders, how those symptoms are related to underlying neurobiology, and how to use this understanding to most effectively teach individuals recovering from trauma.
Your guide on this journey, is the creator of the Mindful Resilience yoga teacher training, Daniel J. Libby, PhD. Daniel is a licensed clinical psychologist and yoga teacher and is an expert in the mindful integration of evidence-based psychotherapies and complementary and alternative medicine practices for the treatment of PTS(D) and other psychological and emotional distress in active-duty military and veterans.